Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pop Art Face Collage- 5th Grade

After studying Pop Art and the inspirational artist Andy Warhol, 5th grade students began creating their own version of this colorful and brash style using their own faces.  I took a digital photograph of their face and printed it in black and white in a classic Pop Art style.  The students will fill in each section (there are 4) with 3 different colors, following the shadows (dark, medium, light).  Then we are going to really personalize their Pop Art using collage techniques to describe themselves through images and words.  I love projects that teach kids to appreciate and enjoy art history! The kids are loving this project!



ThinkCreateArt

1 comment:

Buffalo Creek said...

these are so cute! I love it! I wish I didn't have 800 kids so I could do fun stuff like this!